Post Rapture Survival
For what ever reason you find yourself left behind after the Rapture. Bad enough. But now you realise all what you have heard will become true, upto 3.5 years of trouble and unrest, when the Anti-Christ will emerge and take control, followed by 3.5 years of hell on earth, a time of unprecedented horror and destruction culminating in Armageddon and the Second Coming.
1. Die for Christ - as Christ died for you.
If you wish to take this path you must resign yourself to the fact that you WILL die and probably in not a very nice manner. As Christ suffered before He died so too will you. In a way you will be making up for your faults in not following Christ or attaining the standard required. Only you can be sure why you were not called up in the Rapture. But as Christ died so too must you, and then and only then can you inherit the promise of eternal life.
24. ..and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
Here we see the promise of eternal life and not only that but following this path will grant you the right as with those Raptured to have an administering position during the millennial reign of Christ.
7. And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.
As we have seen the death you will encounter will be that of beheading, and more than likely it will be public so as to put fear into others who may want to follow. The timing of this is shown in Revelation 13:15 and is sometime around the middle of the 7 years, just entering the second half of real tribulation and terror.
15. And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.
You may for some time, depending on where you are, escape real torment and death but as soon as Christianity and any mention of God is outlawed then you will be hunted by even your friends. Family members too if not entirely on your side will turn you in for a reward or through fear. And don't forget if you are a member of a Church now then they will have all the records of Church membership's and any subscription information, to Christian type literature.
beheaded for the witness of Jesus
If you choose this path then I pray God will grant you the strength and courage you need to continue, even unto death.
2. Endure to the End
You have chosen the hardest option. By taking this path you are saying you will not, or could not face death, and you will not be alone. To die accidentally or suddenly is easy, basically you haven't got a choice, but to have to wait to die knowing it could be painful and frightening to say the least takes a lot of determination courage and faith.
13. And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.
Yes even endure to death. The phrase; to endure to the end could mean to the return of Christ or the end of your life. But we are interested in keeping alive. How long do you have to endure or survive is something of debate. The period of tribulation as a whole is 7 years and definitely from the time of the abomination of desolation (Mark 13:14), which is at the mid-point you will be able to work out to within a day or so the Second Coming.
14. But when ye shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing where it ought not, (let him that readeth understand,) then let them that be in Judaea
We know from this point that the Anti-Christ will reign for another 3.5 years at the end of which Christ will return. Two verses talk about this 3.5 years, the first relates to the Anti-Christ's reign and the second to the time the devout Jews will be looked after when they flee in the above verse. The two verses can be found in Revelation 13:5 and Revelation 12:14
5. And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.
Given you have between 3.5 to 7 years to survive, (I would say realistically 6-7 years, if you look at the study on the Rapture you will see it must take place before the mid-point), you will have to endure hardship like never before. We know that you will not be able to buy anything unless you have the mark of the beast on you hand or forehead, Revelation 13:16-17.
16. And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:
This means more than just going to the local shop for your newspaper, it will be joined to everything you need, water, electricity, food, medical provisions. Don't forget Satan wants you to take this mark because he knows as soon as you do you are doomed, no questions or changing your mind afterward. It will be hard to last 3 months let alone 3 years without food or water, and if you want to scavenge, don't forget the plagues that are to come which will wipe out harvests and water supplies.
31. When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:
From this we do know people will survive, but from previous verses we know if any have taken the mark of the beast or fought against Christ in the battle of Armageddon then their future lies securely in the lake of fire.
34. Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
You see from these verses that you have to not only be good but to live as Jesus did, doing good deeds and having compassion for even the lowliest of humanity. This also means helping your enemy when he falls or the person who wishes to do you harm.
In verses 37-40 we hear the people who thought they were good trying to tell Christ that if they had seen someone they would have helped, but they did not see that it meant ANYONE and not just those who they thought deserved it.
37. Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?
Also we must realise that this time of tribulation is the time for the Jew, the continuation of their promise so everything that happens is leading and testing the Jew for their acceptance into the Kingdom. This means as a non-Jew you will be expected to fight the Jew and all that they stand for. Satan via the Anti-Christ will not accept any allegiance with people he considers an enemy. Again if you make a stand you will be killed.
Even if you do survive to the end how can you be sure you have done your best, or what God expects. I would think before you get half way through the tribulation you will have had to make a choice as to whether you will take the mark or not, and suffer the consequences accordingly for your choice.